Wednesday, July 15, 2009

11-38's Comprehensive Collection of Star Wars Sound FX (pt.1)

I am certain I'm not alone when I say that there definitely isn't enough Star Wars sound effects floating around on the internet...
and of the very few sites that provide them, (TheForce.Net and GalaxyFarAway, for instance) there isn't an entire lot to get that aren't obviously from a specific scene, contain music in the background, or have other distracting elements.
I figured, even though I don't have much of a use for them right now, there should be an easier way to obtain clean sounding and authentic effects from and for the Star Wars universe.
Since no one seems to be sharing (and I could be wrong) , I decided to take it upon myself to collect as many Star Wars sound effects and compile them into a collection open to everybody.

So begins 11-38's Comprehensive Collection of Star Wars Sound FX.

Now in no way am I saying that my rips are going to be entirely flawless, but I have conducted several methods that will separate the effect from it's origin. (included in the readme, it's mostly simple but tedious stuff)
I great chunk of these clips I would humbly deem worthy of going right back into films. ;)
I'm currently working on pt.2, expect alot more in the future.

I'm really hoping these files will be put to good use, the core reason I even bothered to do this was to give back to the Star Wars community.
I, like many, would love to see the Star Wars Fanbase thrive so we can share it with the next generation, and continue enjoying it for ourselves.


Please use these files responsibly, and may the force be with you all.


Download Page

.torrent file


11-38

No comments:

Post a Comment